Short Report – QA/QC Meeting Oct 2019
Meeting Date: 17 Oct 2019
LH, MG, RM, IF, WE (5)
- If you are (Tech-)SRP, please attend QA/QC meetings or tell LH if you can’t, needed for planning of the meetings.
- SRP & Tech-SRP: please prepare short statement about your site and send to to LH (max. 2 sentences)
- The purpose of QA/QC meetings is to check on current, incoming data. SRPs choose specific issues we should look at together and discuss in the group. Fluxes are checked if the respective SRP wishes to do so.
- Please move flux results from the group drive to the grasslandserver GL-PROCESSING regularly.
- SFN HP is regularly updated and now includes e.g. lots more of Site Info that can be shared easily with outside data users. For example, check out the Site Info for CH-OE2.
- Amp 0.6.0 is now available on the RDS. The app is now stand-alone, i.e. no need to install Python and stuff.
- For the next meeting, please calculate recent fluxes (or the whole year if not yet available) and move the results to the folder
P:\Flux\QAQC_meetings_data. With Amp now working, we can easily merge recent flux results with previous results, i.e. there is no need to calculate the full year Level-0 fluxes in one run.
SRP (LH for SG): In October, there is still high CO2 uptake during the day. And, due to the high uptake rates in June, we might soon need to reconsider out +/- 50 umol m-2 s-1 threshold during quality control.
SRP (IF): Cut on 17.09. reduced CO2 uptake. The QCL went on retreat with us, data gap at beginning of September. Not sure what happened on the 23.09., fertilization? Strange peak in N2O.
SRP (MG): CO2 & H2O fluxes look good.
SRP (LH): Still high CO2 uptake in October, similar to spring and summer. No major data gaps for flux data.
SRP (RM): Nice N2O peaks during the last two weeks.
SRP (EPL): CO2 & H2O fluxes look good.
SRP (RM): Recent fluxes look good. Data gap of app. ten days due to power cut. Farmer sowed malting barley on 4.10.2019.