See here for more info about the EC raw binary format.
An overview of used abbreviations can be found here: Abbreviations
Adaptive Setup since 2015
|wdt_ID||Year||Binaries From||Binaries To||BICO||SA||GA1||FR||SA Ori||GA1S||Notes|
|25||2016_1||2015123119.A00||2016012207.A00||D||HS50-B||IRGA72-B||B||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3||(1)|
|26||2017_1||2016123119.A00||2017101107.A00||D||HS50-B||IRGA72-B||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3|
|29||2018_1||2017123119.A00||2018123119.A00||C||HS50-B||IRGA72-B-GN1||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3||(4)|
|30||2015_1||2015102716.A51||2015123119.A00||D||HS50-B||IRGA72-B||B||1.30m / 0°||(1) (2) not a lot of files|
|31||2016_2||2016012210.A51||2016123119.A00||D||HS50-B||IRGA72-B||B||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3|
|32||2019_1||2018123119.A00||2019042313.A47||C||HS50-B||IRGA72-B-GN1||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3||(4)|
|33||2019_2||2019042314.A16||2019112107.A00||B||HS50-A||IRGA72-A-GN1||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3||(3) (4)|
|34||2017_2||2017101207.A00||2017123119.A00||C||HS50-B||IRGA72-B-GN1||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3||(4)|
|35||2020_1||2019123119.A00||2020123119.A00||A||HS50-A||IRGA72-A||A||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3|
|36||2019_3||2019112207.A00||2019123119.A00||A||HS50-A||IRGA72-A||1.30m / 0°||N-7.9 E0 V-21.3||(5)|
|Year||Binaries From||Binaries To||BICO||SA||GA1||FR||SA Ori||GA1S||Notes|
(1) From the fieldbook: 22.01.2016 (Patrick Koller, remote)
The wrong Licor Head was installed on AWS. Thus, the data acquisition was configured for the Head 72H-0577, but the mounted head is 72H-0585! On the 22.01.2016 9:45 the appropriate configuration file was installed, Thus the fluxdata until 22.01.2016 9:45 is WRONG as it was measured using a wrong calibration.
Li7200 string was wrong, after the update, could be fixed within the next two hours
Comment LH: data also before 22 Jan 2016 looks fine to me.
(2) Sonic anemometer orientation: the spar where the sonic is mounted points exactly to the north. See here for more information.
(3) SA and GA are now containing additional output columns, similar to the extended formats at other sites, e.g. CH-DAV.
(4) Calibration gas: There was an issue with the calibration gas used to calibrate the IRGA72. As a consequence, the CO2 concentrations in the raw data files have to be multiplied by 0.974 before flux calculations. This can be directly done during the conversion of the raw data binary files to CSV files when using the FCT Flux Calc Tool. For more info about this issue see here: Wrong Calibration Gas 2017. Affected time period: all IRGA72 CO2 concentrations between
(5) Data files no longer affected by calibration gas issue.
Mobile Setup 2006-2016
|wdt_ID||Year||Binaries From||Binaries To||BICO||SA||GA 1||FR||SA Ori||GA1S||Notes|
|3||2007_1||2007042612.b06.csv||2007091614.b07.csv||WECSV1||R2-A||IRGA75-A||1.40m / 0°||N -12 E-17 V0||(3)|
|4||2008_1||2008050914.b05.csv||2008100705.b01.csv||WECSV2||R2-A-EB1||IRGA75-A||1.50m / 199°||N -12 E-17 V0||(1) (3) (7)|
|5||2009_1||2009052014.b09||2009110411.b00||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||1.44m / 205°||N -12 E-17 V0|
|10||2010_1||2010042714.b40||2010110210.b44||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||1.50m / 34°||N -12 E-17 V0|
|11||2011_1||2011041814.b44||2011110810.b00||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||1.50m / 304°||N -12 E-17 V0|
|13||2012_1||-||-||-||R2-A||IRGA75-A||-||N -12 E-17 V0||(2)|
|14||2013_1||2013042614.b38||2013110109.b30||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||1.54m / 124°||N -12 E-17 V0|
|15||2014_1||2014052010.b59||2014123120.b00||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||1.59m / 124°||N -12 E-17 V0|
|16||2015_1||2014123120.b00||2015123120.b00||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||A||1.67m / 124°||N -12 E-17 V0|
|25||2016_1||2015123120.b00||2016090416.b50||A||R2-A||IRGA75-A||(1.67m / 124°)||N -12 E-17 V0|
|Year||Binaries From||Binaries To||BICO||SA||GA 1||FR||SA Ori||GA1S||Notes|
(1) R2 has additional byte.
(2) During 2012, there were timestamp issues, resulting in raw data files that have e.g. the year 2021 etc. Currently (Nov 2019) these files cannot be used because it is unknown how this timestamp error can be corrected.
(3) IRGA75 data were logged in mV. Needs linear conversion to yield mmol m-3. TODO
(4) Binary info currently refers to the converted raw binary files (WE).
(5) Data logged @20.7 Hz in one file per hour.
(6) Data logged @20.7 Hz in one file per six hours.
(7) Data files now contain more raw data columns than in previous years.
(8) This first data at the site should not be used, the CO2 fluxes fluctuate around zero and look off.
EddyPro Format Files
.eddypro and .metadata files for flux calculations. These files contain info about the instrument setup, i.e. what instruments are installed and in which sequence. Processing options might need to be adjusted as needed.
- CH-AWS_FRMT-WECSV1 (zip) updated 17 Feb 2020
- CH-AWS_FRMT-WECSV2 (zip) updated 17 Feb 2020
- CH-AWS_FRMT-A (zip) updated 17 Feb 2020
- CH-AWS_FRMT-B (zip) updated 17 Feb 2020
- CH-AWS_FRMT-C (zip) updated 17 Feb 2020
- CH-AWS_FRMT-A2 and CH-AWS_FRMT-B2: updated 17 Feb 2020 Special variants of FRMT-A and FRMT-B, respectively, where the IRGA72 concentration of CO2 was already multiplied with 0.974 during a separate conversion from raw binary to CSV files. These settings use CO2 columns with the suffix
-GAIN0974for flux calculations. For CH-AWS, the gain was applied with the script CGC Calibration Gain Control before the raw data files were used in FCT Flux Calc Tool for flux calculations. See Note (4) in Adaptive Setup since 2015.
- Special note: The calibration gas issue can now directly be done when using the FCT Flux Calc Tool v0.94 or newer. CH-AWS was the only site where the gain was applied to the CO2 columns before flux calcs. After CH-AWS, I found a better solution to do it directly during the conversion from binary to CSV, directly in FCT.
File size < 10 KB.