Short Report – QA/QC Meeting Mar 2023
Meeting Date: 9 Mar 2023
- Checking recent fluxes from our stations
- Attendance: If you are (Tech-)SRP, please attend QA/QC meetings or tell LH if you can’t, needed for planning of the meetings.
- Short statement: SRP & Tech-SRP: please prepare short statement about your site and post it on Slack together with the plot(s). You can also extend the already available text snippet(s) from previous meetings. (max. 2 sentences)
- The RDS has access to the database. This means that we now have a shared working environment where we can run Jupyter notebooks.
- Purpose: The purpose of QA/QC meetings is to check on current, incoming data. SRPs choose specific issues we should look at together and discuss in the group. Fluxes are checked if the respective SRP wishes to do so.
- Variables: There is a list of known variable abbreviations that you can use in case you wonder what an abbreviation means: Variable Abbreviations
- Check of EC raw data files:
- Recommended check for SRPs and T-SRPS: take a look at EC raw data files and check if they look OK
- Current EC raw data files are automatically converted to ASCII each day (done by the Python script bico)
- Files and their plots can be found here, e.g. for CH-LAS:
- Weekly flux calculations on the RDS:
- Please calculate fluxes and check them once per week, or more often if you wish to do so.
- If you cannot calculate the fluxes, try to find a substitute, e.g. LH.
- Please move your Level-0 results from the RDS to the respective Level-0 folder.
- Automatic upload of Level-0 fluxes to the database will be implemented soon.
- RDS folder: The folder
P:\Flux\RDS_calculationsis a temporary folder. Please move Level-0 flux calculations (preliminary fluxes) to the Level-0 folder on
gl-processing. For example, for CH-CHA move files to
Z:\CH-CHA_Chamau\20_ec_fluxes\2022\Level-0(gl-processing is mounted as drive Z in this example).
- FluxCoffee: separate meetings to discuss data related issues, e.g. flux processing, started and will continue to take place.
- List of QA/QC Meeting dates: QA/QC Meetings 2023
Grafana allows us to check meteo data from multiple stations in one plot. Both SW_IN and TA are very important variables, make sure to check them regularly.
Recent CO2 Fluxes